05 Mar Dress according to your body type
Dressing according to your body type can help you accentuate your best features and create a flattering silhouette that enhances your overall appearance. By understanding your body type, you can choose clothing styles and silhouettes that flatter your figure and make you look and feel your best.
The first step in dressing according to your body type is to identify your body shape. There are several different body shapes, including apple, pear, hourglass, inverted triangle, and rectangle. Once you have determined your body shape, you can start to choose clothing that flatters your figure.
For those with an apple body shape:
- Weight is carried in the midsection
- Create a waistline with empire waist tops and dresses, A-line skirts, and high-waisted pants
- Avoid clothing that is too tight or clingy in the midsection
For those with a pear body shape:
- Hips and thighs are wider than the shoulders and bust
- Highlight the upper body to balance out the figure with off-the-shoulder tops, boat necklines, and wide-necked tops
- A-line skirts and bootcut pants can create a more balanced silhouette
For those with an hourglass body shape:
- Waist is smaller than the bust and hips
- Accentuate the curves with fitted tops and dresses, high-waisted skirts, and wide-leg pants
- Avoid clothing that is too boxy
For those with an inverted triangle body shape:
- Shoulders and bust are wider than the hips
- Create a more balanced silhouette with V-neck tops, flared skirts, and straight-leg pants
- Avoid clothing that adds volume to the upper body
For those with a rectangle body shape:
- Shoulders, waist, and hips are approximately the same width
- Create curves with ruched or belted tops, flared skirts, and bootcut pants
- Avoid clothing that is too boxy or shapeless
Remember, everyone’s body is unique, and there is no “perfect” body type. The goal is to find clothing that fits well and enhances your natural shape. By dressing according to your body type, you can feel confident and comfortable in your clothes.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.